Sunday, June 17, 2012

Long past due...

I know I know.. It has been forever. In my defense life got busy and I just could not really find my words. But no worries I found them again :)

What have you missed?

                                                  Well Taylor and I bought a puppy!!!!
Well we actually rescued her from the pound. The pound is a terrible place.. I swear I went there to find a cat. A nice reliable self efficient cat.. I never should have gone there... I could not bear seeing the animals all locked up like that. The lady knew what she was doing when she asked me if I wanted to walk a dog... because getting Lady is not the end of this story... oh no... there is more.

                   Lady was a very needy dog.

Granted the animal was very lovable.. she practically had a stroke everytime we came home. She would see our car and as soon as we walked in the gate she would begin to run circles around the entire yard. I thought the dog was going to die of ecstasy every time she saw Taylor. Yes I said Taylor. You see I always told you Tay was nicer than me, and I was not kidding. I can't handle having a animal need me constantly. She howled when she was alone. She had to sleep in our room. She HAD to be in the house. Not to mention she chewed everything... RIP two pairs of Nordstroms heels. There was hair everywhere. I have this thing where I can't stand the smell of animal. Let's just say I was obsessively spraying febreeze and vacuuming constantly. Have you noticed I keep using the past tense?

Anyways, I made a big mistake. I had committed to dog ownership before I was ready... Taylor was in love and treated her like his child, but we were just not home enough for the poor needy animal. We even got a noise complaint. So we did the practical thing to do. After two weeks Lady went to a new home.. I know what your thinking:
 
You may judge  me for this last paragraph. 
But really It was the best thing for her. She went to a family with four kids and another lab. Now she has people to play with all the time. I on the other hand remain thoroughly traumatized. People say someday when I settle down and have kids I will want a dog. WHAT.. I ask.. would entice me to get a animal that needs so much attention while trying to raise children? I guess time will only tell.
Also, recently, we had a bit of car trouble. Actually a lot of car trouble. We had to replace our clutch in our 2011 Camry. Yes I said 2011. If you scroll back to the beginning of my blog you will learn that I recently learned to drive stick... and apparently if you are not good at driving stick for an extended period of time.. you can in fact.. destroy your clutch... and it is VERY expensive to replace. That is all I would like to say on the matter... Taylor on the other hand I am sure will have lots of things to say about my driving skills.

I put this last picture in because my Mom actually did something similar to the above picture. When she was pregnant with my little sister, we went to go to a doctor's appointment with her. She was driving my dad's pickup truck with our little camper on the back part of it. So our vehicle was pretty tall with the camper... but that didn't stop my Mom from trying to go into the underground parking structure. I can imagine onlookers faces as they watched a heavily pregnant woman ram her camper into the top of a parking structure. I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree ;)

Finally to catch you up to date... 

Taylor, some friends, and I participated in the Tough Mudder 12 mile military obstacle course. All the proceeds went to the Wounded Warrior Project whose mission is to support our veterans and to help soldiers recuperate mentally and physically when they come back from war. It was a pretty hard course. We were covered in mud half the time and it felt like we were constantly going uphill. Tay, with his beard and mowhawk, looked like a serial killer. I am not kidding.. Look:
Serial Killer Taylor... He actually looked like he should be yelling "We are Sparta!!!" or something.
It was a very fun day and after the most exhausting twelve miles and 29 obstacle courses... we donated our shoes to the kids (adults/teenagers in Taylor's case) in Africa. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. Until next week! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment