Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh Valentines Day...

Sorry It has been so long. Life got busy. Got a job. Found a church etc etc.. :)

So it has been a week since Valentines day, and I have been thinking. Why do men hate Valentines Day? In my book.. for any man in a relationship... especially long term.. V-day is a gift from God.

Why do you ask? Well I will tell you.

It seems that most men struggle with romance... or rather a woman's view of romance. I am constantly reading things how women need to adapt to how men think and love yadda yadda blah blah.. ok I get it. Women have unrealistic movie inspired views often of what their daily life concerning romance should look like. I understand learning how your man loves... but it does not mean the desire just goes away.

I like pretty things. I LOVE getting flowers. I like to be doted on. I pretty much love to be loved on. I don't think any woman.. no matter how practical she is.. can say she does not like when her man pays special attention to her in the form of gifts, notes, so on and so forth..

Now Taylor as I have said before.. is very loving. In his very own manly ways. And I appreciate this. I did not marry a woman, and if he did have the emotions that I pretend I wished he had... I would probably go nuts. TRUST ME... I have enough emotions for the two of us combined.

But still.. I fully support the expectations that come with Valentines day. You see Valentines day for me is easy.. I know what Taylor likes. I know how to make him feel special and loved and happy. In fact, in general I know how to do that. Not that hard. And this is what makes Valentines Day sooo wonderful.

It is ALL laid out for men. Plain and simple.. just how they like it. Yes there are expectations from the woman.. the expectation to be shown that she is loved. And maybe every day of the year a man struggles with this.. a womans definition of love. But on VDay... every producer of commercial goods is standing waving a flag showing men some very generic and easy steps to romance.

This is why I feel like a man's brain should appreciate about the day of love:

a- Walk into any grocery store and there are beautiful flowers waiting for you.
b- There is candy and teddy bears in almost every store you go into.. I mean take your pick.
c- There is a WHOLE section of Valentines day cards.. they even split them up by relationship status. Example: "Wife" "Girlfriend""Funny Wife" etc
d- There are so many commercials about gifts on TV.. and I know these commercials come on in between sports shows.
e- These commercials if anything can be a reminder to maybe make a reservation for some good food... and I know there should be no protest against that.

I mean how much easier could it get. EVERYWHERE one goes is a reminder that love day is coming. A man does not even have to think or stress about it. It is like God is giving all men a free pass for one day to prove to women that they too can adapt to the needs of their significant other.

And no I don't care about all this "commercialization" of love baloney... especially women who say this. Shush please. You guys read WAY too deep into everything. Seriously.. lighten up.  Leave me alone with my flowers, cards, and food. I don't care how generic it is.. I don't care if greeting cards make a billion dollars off VDay. My man read that card and thought it displayed his feelings pretty well.. and I did not even have to pull ir out of him... and I like flowers... so let me bask in the cheesiness and awesomeness that is the day of love.

Taylors response to all this: "It is still a pointless day."

No comments:

Post a Comment