Thursday, March 1, 2012

#Midwest Problems

So Taylor was doing a school paper or something... and asked me if I could create any product what would it be?

Well this is a hard question considering everything has been made... and although I did get the bedhead of the creative genius... I did not exactly get the creative gene.. which I am pretty sure coincides with the patience gene... so as you can imagine this is an extremely difficult question for one as myself.

Thinking about what I hate to do most... I began going down the list... self cleaning dishes? Oh wait thats a dishwasher... lose weight without working out or changing eating habits... oops ya thats drugs... hmmm.

All my brain could come up with is the self cleaning toilet. Brilliant I know.

But after the snowfall and terrible weather... I have come up with an invention. A HEATED ROAD SIGN. All you in California may be puzzled by this contraption... but I believe it is very important. Why?

I will tell you why... because it seems even people who have been born in this artic have a hard time driving in it.. yes this gives me a ton of hope.. I mean the news tells us to stay off the roads due to the accidents that happen due to the snow. Does everyone just stay inside all winter? Don't you guys usually always have snow?

Example: My friend saw one lady just run right into someone's yard and hit a post.. then nonchalantly drive away. Well.. You know what I blame this phenomena on. And no Taylor it is not that a woman was driving. It is lack of direction.



Let me explain:

It was snowing and blowing like no other the other day. The wind was heading what I think is south? (I am a lost little girl scout without the ocean to tell me where west is... and I can't ever see the sun)... anyways.. I too was accompanying Mr. Wind Southbound. I was trying to get home.. but there was a problem. I COULD NOT SEE ANY OF THE ROAD SIGNS. They were covered.. I mean COVERED with snow. I tried to crane my neck and see any sign that could tell me where to turn... but nothing. I had to make a educated guess and just turn on whatever street I felt was the right way. Luckily.. the town is a square and I eventually hit land marks I recognized.... but not without frustration. No person should have to fear getting lost in their own town during snow season.

Be thankful I survived to tell this awfully fascinating story and to complain.

So yes.. without a doubt Midwest... we need heated road signs... maybe then people won't run into people's yards.



P.S. Speaking of cold days and snow. There is nothing like going to get some wings on a cold Sunday with your husband and his friend...


then getting booted to the opposite side of the booth... opposite your hubby and BFF... so they can watch the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment