Tuesday, March 20, 2012

For Better or Worse :)


I think what I am going to do is post a blog every Sunday... instead of having a random schedule :)


Well.. It feels as if Spring has come.. Tay and I enjoyed going out to Sioux Falls (yes there are actually falls here) and taking a walk around in the eighty degree weather. Take that Southern California and your week of cold!!

Soo I really love going on walks with Tay. We really enjoy each other's company. We are not the most lovey dovey.. grand gestures of love.. cutsie couple ever.. (I am currently working on this... progress TBA) But I can honestly say we really enjoy being together because of our friendship... and because we really do have a lot in common.

Being friends for awhile before we dated... and then being separated for most of the time we were dating... I guess we never really did the whole... "I am going to pretend I like doing this" thing that usually goes on when your dating. So there is really not a lot of BS about what we like to do (or don't) that suddenly rose to the surface once we got married. I mean Taylor totally loves to go antique shopping with me instead of watching the game... duh.

But anyways... I was thinking of how lucky we are to really enjoy alot of the same things ( I will really try to keep this frame of mind once we hit football season again). We both love to read. I am pretty sure we are both OCD in that we obsess over anything we happen to like. We both need our quiet time. We like the outdoors and being active. We have a similar dry sense of humor.... this makes choosing movies and TV programs fun. It also makes it easy to laugh often together.

I could go on.. but I don't want you to throw up from all this newlywed bliss.

So now we do a 180... As I have said before... I think it is really funny to see Taylor irritated. I don't know why.. I think because it never really seems so genuine? Or the annoying little girl with a mean sense of humor has never left me.
I definitely think it is the former considering.. admittedly.. I was the cause of almost all the spankings my brother (18 months my junior) and I got growing up. He was just too easy. A big sister can really play off a little brother with a temper... And I found no greater joy than finding his buttons and pushing him. Antagonizing him was a full time job. I did it ALL the time... ask my poor family. The beautiful thing was that he always took the bait... and we both ended up with spankings. My mom eventually had to carry a wooden spoon with her. I remember one day thinking: "I have gotten a spanking every single day this week.."

Anyways.. now that you have had a little inside look into my cruel sense of humor... back to my point.

So we have been married for three months now... thus the pet peeves are really starting to develop. As surprising as this may be... I am not the perfect angel that I appear to be...

SIDENOTE: I would just like to preface this with I am trying to get better at not doing things that annoy Taylor... but I just can't help giggle sometimes..
So... I have started a list of some of the things and thought I would share....

1. I leave all the cupboard doors open. I didn't even realize Taylor had noticed.. until my Mom asked him if I had been leaving the doors open... and he burst into a ecstatic "YES!"... He then began to describe his confusion of coming into the kitchen and seeing all the cupboards open... And I quote... " All I could think was.. what on earth was she looking for?"

This convo only started because of him complaining about...

2. Me leaving appliances and lights on... I have no comment and plead the fifth.

3. I chew gum obsessively... as in I chew two pieces at a time, and I have finished a pack by the end of the day. As a fellow OCD person who can eat an entire batch of "No Bake" cookies in one sitting... and has actually THROWN UP.... because he gorged himself with food due to the inability to say no... I think there should be some understanding here.

4. I retype everything. When I am writing anything.. whether it be a paper.. a blogpost.. a email.. a facebook post... I will type.. then erase.. then retype.. over and over until it sounds just right to me. Taylor literally cringes watching me write things.. the worst  for him is when I just erase the whole thing and give up... that drives him batty. It is just that writing my opinion (which is usually when this happens) is therapeutic for me.. but then the more I think about it.. the more I realize no one really cares about my opinion.. or they would have asked... or I figure they just don't deserve my wise and ingenious input. That my friends.. is usually when things get erased.

5. I hold onto *cling to* the shopping cart when we grocery shop.  I can only guess that I do this because when I was little my Mom always made me hold onto the cart. I never noticed that I never stopped doing it? This is probably up there with my finding out in 8th grade that I say "Pack Pack" instead of "backpack" because my Mom thought it was too cute to correct me when I was little. What can I say? Old habits die hard.

SIDENOTE: Taylor even stopped in the middle of the aisle once and stood there to see if I would leave the cart... I didn't.

I probably could go on.... actually I could.. but I won't... until next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment